The votes are being tallied.
Actually, I know who has won--I just forgot to bring the bill with me to the computer, so I can't dazzle you with the precise figure just yet. Peter brought it with him yesterday, and I made about the same face Tamara did, even though I knew the bottom line already.
So, yes, Peter's here, which is very nice. L.A. is colder than I thought it might be, which makes it even more of a functional airlock for NYC. Beverly is enjoying herself, and went off to the Getty Villa today.
I still can't sleep really well on my side, as it causes this pain in my chest that I'm sure is in a muscle but is uncomfortably close to where my heart actually is, so it's not a pain I want to be feeling in the dark, in the middle of the night. But I'm not as exhausted as I used to be, so I wake up after about four hours of sleeping propped up, and then toss and turn, delicately, for a couple of hours, until I'm good and tired, enough to tolerate the sitting-up sleeping again. At least after this I'll be very, very good at sleeping on airplanes.
Which reminds me, Peter and I are flying back business class--and not only that, it's paid business class, so I don't even have to dress nice and fly standby. The very thing that galled me about American Airlines, and made it pointless to achieve my fabu "gold elite" status, was that they'd reduced the biz-class fares to the point where there were never any empty seats left to get bumped up to. But now I'm actually benefiting.
Yes, even on my sickbed, I have been keeping track of my frequent-flier miles.
1 Comments:
as a loving friend i'm very happy that you'll be back to our city soon so that i can see you in the flesh and determine how blue your skin is. and i'm so sorry that you can't sleep well yet, but i'm also jealous that you'll actually be able to sleep on an airplane without guzzling a handfull of little scotch bottles only to wind up dehidrated and pantingly ill at the end of the flight.
but when are we going to know who the winners are!? should we expect registered mail? is it leagal to put vicodin in the post? or will there be some kind of gala celebration of toasts and roasts??
hopefully, the latter!
love joel
Post a Comment
<< Home