Tee-Vee
A few nights ago, Beverly and I discovered that the little dream house we’re staying in in Santa Cruz also has cable!
I know I said I could entertain myself without cable TV, but when it’s right there in front of me, I’m not going to turn it down. Damn, that Jon Stewart is really funny. (I sound sarcastic and jaded, but that really was the first time I’d seen The Daily Show.)
The weird thing is that after watching TV for three and a half hours, I woke up the next morning, and I swear I could actually see a teensy bit better out of my left eye. And then a couple of nights later I gorged myself on more TV (the original Charade was on—damn, that Audrey Hepburn sure is adorable), and the next morning there was perhaps another smidge of improvement.
By “improvement,” I’m just talking about being able to make out the silhouette of my hand in front of my eye a little bit more clearly, and to see shapes of light sources. But still...could TV really be the answer?
4 Comments:
Baby, as soon as they release Emmanuelle on DVD, we'll be watching it. In the meantime, I'll stock up on Southpark and the Simpsons. If TV is the answer, I know where we can buy the solution!
I love cable! I miss all that delicious Law & Order that is on ALL THE TIME. You can find out here, ahead of time, which episode is playing: http://lao.waffle-iron.net/
It's on 11 times today!!
Enjoy your teevee, Zora!
Oh, I'm enjoying it, with zero discretion. Just watched _only_ the sappy conclusion to "Two Weeks Notice," several episodes of "South Park," and "Best of Chapelle's Show," to give me a little street cred. I think flicking back and forth between two shows during commercials increases the visual stimulation. But I've been so far studiously avoiding "Law & Order"--that's a dangerous road to head down, I fear.
I may regain my sight, but it might be at the expense of my mind.
My other addiction was the Food Channel. I am lucky in some ways not to have cable now that I live in Astoria - it's hard enough to get enough practising time in without all the addictive cable-licious distractions. But thank goodness I don't need cable to see The Simpsons! --Meg
Post a Comment
<< Home