Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Last chance to enter.

The judges will convene at midnight tonight, PST. Get in your guesses about my hotel bill's bottom line in the comments section here.

And now I'm in LA. Mysteriously, it's colder than Santa Cruz. Santa Monica is sort of like the airlock before my return to New York: more cars, more energy, more people to talk to (all of the Moskoses are convened--or will be, when Peter arrives later today) and, luckily for Peter, more non-white people who don't ask you if you need help. If I'd had to fly straight from Santa Cruz to NYC, I think the culture shock would've been too extreme, and I would've had to double up on my anti-arrhythmia drugs.

Which reminds me, for all you pharmaceutical watchers, the Vicodin stash remains untouched but I'm back on the amiodorone, the drug that keeps my heart rate steady and makes things taste funny. (It also can turn your skin bluish-gray, and I've been noticing that on my legs. Creepy.) I was sitting in bed one morning last weekeend, minding my own business, when my heart suddenly went patpatpatpatpatpatpatpat for about five seconds, then went back to its usual drill. I'm jumpy about a lot of aches and pains right now, but that was pretty clear-cut: it was not supposed to be happening. It also made me realize that some feelings of "boy, is my heart rate fast, but I guess I was just up walking around the living room" from the week before might've been related.

Apparently it's a relatively normal thing to have happen, though, and now I have something in common with that poor lawyer guy in Texas, whom Cheney shot in the face.

4 Comments:

At 4:16 PM, Blogger megc said...

Will you get a chance to go to the Santa Monica Farmer's Market on Saturday? It's quite nice. Santa Monica is a great town in Southern California. I used to take harpsichord lessons there.

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger Zora said...

Fortunately, yes! Peter seems to hate all things Californian, but he softened up a bit when I gave him a clementine I got at the market yesterday. Walking distance from Peter's parents' house. Can't beat that, even in Astoria.

 
At 9:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

make sure you dip your toes in the pacific ocean too! then when you get back to new york, you can take the train to dip your toes in the atlantic. it's quite a nice feeling, and i did it alot when i was living in boston and visiting the west coast on holidays.
love the cheney raz. i thought at first that it wouldn't be funnier if the poor guy got worse, but it turns out it is!

love joel

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger megc said...

Zora, I'm so glad you made it to the farmer's market! I hope you have had a chance to experience the Pacific Ocean, too, which I think is quite beautiful - it really feels different from the Atlantic.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home