Extra! Extra! Read all about it!
Well sure it’s a little dry, but you can read all about Zora’s heart in the surgeon’s own words! Yes, the actual surgery report can be read here (pdf file). The description of her vision loss isn’t really accurate. Nor is the part about her suffering from migraine headaches. In fact, she kept saying she didn’t have migraines… But what can you do?
8 Comments:
Plus, that's not how you spell "strep milleri." But the ER is not a spelling bee, so I just piped down.
Oh AND the antibiotics duration is _10 days_ shorter than what I've currently got lined up.
As a copy editor, all these sloppy small details make me worry about larger issues. I am glad they did a count of all the swabs and needles before they sewed me back up. Or they _say_ they did.
All that kvetching, and I forgot to say the good stuff starts on page 3, I think, with the blow-by-blow surgery details (scan for "supine position").
The report is like "How's Zora" Cliff Notes!! But..um...'Patient denies alcohol use"?? Sorry -- had to call that out.
-Nicole
I'm wondering what exactly the "vigorous air manuevers" were...? Were they spinning your heart up in the air like a pizza pie?
uhhh.. you let someone put something in your posterior annulus? Does Peter know this? Does your Mom know this? SHould we edit it out before they read it?
Sure, some stranger in scrubs slips Zora a Mickey and next thing you know he’s in her posterior annulus, but I know her heart belongs to me.
Y'know, Nicole, they were just asking about _excessive_ alcohol use. And that means more than a drink a day, on _average_. So I figure I haven't really been drinking since the beginning of December, so that averages out very nicely with the previous 10 months' consumption. Am I right or am I right?
And I still drink way less than Peter, but I guess that doesn't count for anything.
Post a Comment
<< Home