Slow but steady improvement
I haven’t gone to the hospital yet. But I did do laundry! I didn’t exactly pack heavy for this trip. Luckily I did throw in an extra pair of socks and underwear at the last second. But I’m on the one pants three shirt rotation.
I talked to Beverly briefly and she says that Zora continues to improve. They’re going to remove her neck line (I wasn’t sure what that was for anyway). And they’re going to put in another PICC line. And they’re going to move her out of (ICC) intensive cardiac care to another room on that floor.
Jim just got back from the hospital. He said the nurse who put in the PICC line does nothing but PICC lines. So it went far better than the “learning experience” at Forest Hills way back when. “Way way better,” according to Zora.
They put in two stitches to hold it and then will x-ray it to make sure it’s in the right place. Of course I find it still a bit frustrating to be back on a PICC line. But what can you do? And damn Zora has gotten a lot of x-rays in the past few months. I hope she doesn’t get cancer out of all this.
And Dr. Jenny writes: “fyi--now that you are so medically savvy, we'll let you in on the secret-- that it’s an ED not an ER--they think they are a department and not just a room anymore.”
Yeah, I know (or at least I learned last night) that it’s called the E.D. But I’m old school. And at Johns Hopkins, or "Hotkins" as they say on the streets of East Baltimore, my hospital of training, it was still called the E.R. (at least that’s what we called it). But I suppose E.D. is less likely to get confused with O.R. And E.R. and O.R. would sometimes get confused, which wouldn’t help matters.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home