Thursday, January 19, 2006

Pictures

Not being at home, getting pictures on the blog is a bit harder. But I’m getting there. Here’s a picture from before our trip. It’s the embolic reaction in Zora’s finger.
I show this because some of you may wonder, why the hell did you go a trip when there was the risk of blindness and open-heart surgery. Well, this was the indication. The slight redness near the first joint. It doesn’t exactly jump out at you (though it hurt more that the picture would indicate).

We wanted to play the treatment conservatively. The doctors thought everything would likely be fine. So off we went. Clearly in hindsight we should have had surgery then. But was it the wrong decision to not have surgery in New York? I don’t think so. Yes it turned out wrong. But sometimes you just take your chances and lose. It doesn’t make it the wrong decision. Sometimes the right decisions don’t work. And who knows, maybe if had surgery in New York, it wouldn’t have gone so well.

Zora and I enjoyed a nice day and a beautiful ferry ride from Oakland back to San Francisco before the vision in the left eye went. Here’s Zora back in the slammer. She was already blind in one eye, but this was right before they tried their futile treatment. Property of SFGH She didn’t look so nice after they were done with her.

A day or so later. We’re in the ICC room pre-surgery.

Notice Daphne’s gift socks.

Heidi just took this shot to get a picture of my ass

Here’s the gang.

I do have a picture of Zora post-op. But I want to show it to Zora before posting it. But if you saw it, you too would be impressed at the progress she has made.

Here’s Zora in her current room, out of ICC. This was taken a few hours ago. The lighting isn’t great, but her sexy legs are.

And there’s a TV with a headphone jack in her room. Maybe I’ll bring my earplugs tomorrow and watch TV all day!

1 Comments:

At 3:55 PM, Blogger PCM said...

Beth, I had no idea about my comments settings. So thanks for telling me. It was easy to change so that anybody and post. But still, you'll never know when you'll need your own NYCBeth.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home