Out of the slammer, again
Zora left the hospital around 5:30 pm today. Hopefully for the last time. We moved her over to Emily’s place. Again, it’s hard to overstate how wonderful Emily is for moving out of her place for Zora. I really don’t know what we would have done without her.
Zora and Beverly are there. I am not there, for fear of cat allergies. But the place was well-cleaned this morning. Emily and her cat had only been there for only a week, and there are few soft surfaces. I was there for a few hours tonight, and am seeming to suffer no ill effects.
Zora and I even went grocery shopping. We had to get her prescriptions filled. But I was impressed at her stamina as she roamed up and down the isles.
If you didn’t know better, you’d think everything was normal.Again, all still goes well. Her blood seems as clean as a whistle. She gets better every day. I’ll be happy when she’s off the percocet. It seems to flatten her personality. She’s switching the vicodin tomorrow, which may be a little less mind numbing. Hopefully it will still be enough for the pain.
Tomorrow, it will be much nicer to bike to an apartment rather than the hospital to visit her.
I may be off tomorrow for L.A. Or Wednesday.
Also, if you do happen to send stuff to Emily’s, here’s an important note: the delivery person must call Zora or Beverly’s phone to be let in. The door bell is only connected to Emily’s cell phone. And that doesn’t do much good, seeing how Emily isn’t there. So best not to give an apartment number. Just give the address and the cell phone number.
I won’t post any address on this blog. But I’ll be happy to e-mail it to interested parties. Zora will be at Emily’s till Friday.
1 Comments:
Zora, Your'e looking great! I look forward to seeing you in NY climbing lots of stairs. Keep taking your pain meds, I found that perc worked really well for me when I had my surgeries! Also you may have a backache just from being on the operating table. I was only in the OR for 2 hours but weeks afterwards my back was killing me. Anyway it gets better, and Fran and I are sending you lots of love, good thoughts and healing prayers. Peter, thank you so much for doing this blog. Love Karen M
Post a Comment
<< Home