Oh, blessed sleep
I had my first 8-plus hours of sleep last night. Actually 10 hours. Nothing like a good night’s sleep. Perhaps thanks to the Vicodin. Or just Zora getting better everyday. And it’s sunny out. I’ll be off to the hospital soon. And Jim is going to bring some Vietnamese sandwiches. I doubt they’ll be as good as the great ones we get in NYC, but I’m still looking forward to them.
Addendum:
The sandwiches were good. But not nearly as good at the NYC bahn mi.
4 Comments:
Peter, Please tell Z that prayers are being said and candles are burning over here in the Big In Between of New Mexico. I've been following her ups and downs since Day One from the blog, and it seems to be fulfilling a sick sorta voyeur fascination for me. Give her hugs from me, and let her know I'm playing early Howard Jones in honor of her. Love, Jen Barol
CA is much closer to Vietnam than NYC. If my experience with the perfect bowl of pho is any guide, you are probably eating the most delicious vietnamese sandwiches EVER in stunned silence right now.
(not that CA is superior in any other way, mind you...)
hey peter -- and, of course, zora, though I don't know when you'll read this:
thanks so much for keeping me/everyone posted on zora's recovery through this blog. let her know that I am thinking of her, sending all my best wishes and prayers and good healing vibes (in typical cali style) and so glad to hear that the surgery went well and that she is recovering speedily.
I am not, however, playing Howard Jones, but Tom Waits. I will admit here that my first 'real' concert ever was Howard Jones when I was about 10 and I have to say I was pretty psyched about it.
Love,
Tal
by the way, if you google "how's zora" the first link is your 'fun' page from your website, which I think is pretty neat...
-tal
Post a Comment
<< Home