Wednesday, January 04, 2006

No bad news

Today Zora saw the cardiologist, Dr. Costs-A-Pretty-Penny. Her appointment was actually for tomorrow, but Zora screwed up. Maybe they’ll forget to bill us? Either way, there was no bad news. No sign of heart failure. Nothing bad.

Two more days of I.V. drip. Then the PICC line comes out. The weekly nurse came in to change Zora’s dressing. Good nurse. Good sense of humor, slightly cynical, and kind of a treat to have around. Hopefully he’ll be the one to take out the PICC line. Maybe he’ll let me help!

I asked him to take my blood pressure today. I’ve seen Zora’s blood pressure taken about 200 times this past month. I was thinking, wouldn’t it be ironic if my blood pressure was the problem? My blood pressure was fine. Though I’ve already forgotten what it was, as those numbers are meaningless to me. Zora and I have the same blood pressure. Now isn’t that romantic. Actually, it’s good for Zora, because it means that her pressure is up to normal from low.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home