In the theater
Zora went into Surgery around 8:15 AM. I was not there to see her in, unfortunately. She called me around 6:45 AM after they got her up, but said they were about to take her away. Deep down, while I did want to be there, I also didn't want to go there. Because after she goes under, there are five six hours with nothing to do.
I don’t want to pace around the hospital. I’d much prefer to stay home, hear everything went well. And then go to hospital when she wakes up.
I think I can handle stressful situations pretty well. But being with a bunch of nervously concerned people isn’t part of my general game plan and strategy.
My Godmother writes that my Uncle Jim is also blind in one eye. I didn't know that. Or I simply forgot. Either way is good. So many good kings in the world of the blind.
I believe they should be done with Zora around noon. And then she'll wake up a few hours after that.
I'm going to see if I can go back to sleep. Not very likely, though.
2 Comments:
hi this is Kathrin, Deb and Joel's neighbor. Just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you both and hoping for the best.
My dad is also blind in one eye, as is my friend Elena from Spain (she went blind when a kid threw an orange andit hit her in the eye.)
Thanks for taking such good care of Zora, Peter!
Get better, Zora!
Post a Comment
<< Home