From the peanut gallery...
...I hear a familiar voice shouting over the din. Waving a cigarette in one hand and a coke in the other, my Godmother writes:
There would have been no difference if you had gone to ER in NY when eye trouble began versus going to ER in SF, except it would have been in a different time zone and crappier place and weather. And as anyone who has been hospitalized knows, the importance of nurses who are competent AND nice cannot be overstated. I bet the food is going to be better too.
Side note: ER is a much cooler name than ED. Imagine a t.v. show being called E.D. - just not the same. Try saying we've got to get to the E.D. vs we've got to get to the E.R., it's just wrong. What insecurities led to this decision? Were they afraid people thought it was just a lowly little room and not a whole big impressive department?...
After a while Zora will adjust to the blind eye but can use it to her advantage. If there's any chore or activity that she'd like to avoid doing she can say sweetly, oh, I'd love to but of course because of my eye I just can't....
Now I look forward to dramatic drop in blog ratings as we head in to nice, steady recovery reports. Good riddance to sweeps week.
love, Aunt Patty Jean
p.s. one-eyed legends: Uncle Jim maneuvered your boat through narrow Amsterdam canals with your mother biking and beating him to the next bridge.
1 Comments:
Let's not forget that thanks to various pharmaceutical companies, ED now also stands for erectile dysfunction.
Thanks for all the updates. Send my, Catherine's, and general Polenberg love to Zora.
Post a Comment
<< Home