Monday, December 12, 2005

Hospital: Day IV. Sunday Night Dinner

No real news today. Zora had friendly visitors. Karine covered the morning shift when they decided rather abruptly to move her to the cardiac unit because her blood pressure was low. But that was just because she had just awakened. It’s strange, Zora points out, that you’re supposed to recover, yet it’s very hard to get a good night’s sleep.

There was a comedy of errors in the move from 6th floor to 5th floor. Like bumping the bed into other things (like other patients) on the way out. And then there was some air in the catheter fear. Luckily, there was no harm and I missed it all. It was good Karine was there. And Karine did write me some very nice notes with all the highlights. I’d reprint them here. But I left them there.

Tomorrow Zora gets moved to another hospital for the echocardiogram. We don’t know if she’s going to stay there or if she get’s shuttled back and forth. It’s very hard to find out information in a hospital, I’m learning. I took some of Zora’s things to make the move easier, including her computer. So she can’t check e-mail.

Deb and Joel were there when I got there.




We almost always have a nice Sunday night dinner. Almost always at Tamara’s place. Tamara cooked dinner and brought it to the hospital. It was a nice chicken. A fennel salad. A bottle of wine. A loaf of bread. It was delicious. Meanwhile the neighboring patients (the rooms are triples) had the TV on with musical numbers on public television. It was actually nice background music.





I love that it’s published by “cook.”


Me and Zora.




I brought the miniatures.
Hey, just because she’s in the hospital doesn’t mean we can’t drink.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home