Sunday, December 11, 2005

Hospital: Day III

Zora is not getting out of the hospital on Monday. They’re going to give her a trans-esophageal echocardiogram, which involves sticking something down your throat to get a closer look at the heart. I don’t know if this is purely “just to be on the safe side” or if they have reason to think there is more serious damage. Either way, they’re going to do it in North Shore University Hospital in Manhasset, another hospital that’s part of the North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System chain (known for it’s excellent cardiac treatment, by the way).

Zora also called this morning to say they’re going to move her to the cardiac unit. So she won’t be in Room 601. I assume she’s going to be hooked up to a beep-beep machine (she has extra earplugs). And they may be more picky about cell phone usage. I don’t know. But you can still visit.

For those who can’t visit, here’s my virtual visit:

The entrance.



The sign-in desk.



The elevators.



Ding!



The Shabbat elevator is slow. And no matter, I like to live on the edge and push buttons on the Sabbath!



Welcome to 6 North.



Room 601.



Zora's bed.



In the room.



le menu



le dinner



le chicken cacciatore?


Zora was defending the food for a while. It’s not that bad. But I think she’s finally getting sick of it.

le patient



les visitors. This is the CASA crew that was together in Cairo many moons ago.



my new hip looks like a kickstand!



state sponsored health ads



Orange whip? Orange whip? Three orange whips!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home