Domestic Bliss and an I.V.
After Zora’s triumphant return home yesterday (who would have thought she would get so good at one-armed pull-ups in the hospital!?), I cooked a nice dinner for me and Zora and Beverly and three good friends who stopped by (one after trying unsuccessfully to find Zora in the hospital).
While shopping (for beer), I was treated to a shot of tequila at the corner bodega. Best of all, it was served in a little plastic take-out salsa container. Ah, Christmas spirit at its best.
Here’s Zora looking smug.

Notice the handy use of the I.V. stand as a coat rack. You might this is the first time I’ve used an I.V. stand as a coat rack. But no, for some reason, Johnny G and I had as I.V. stand in Boston. So we hung coats on it.
Here’s Beverly. She is small, but poor Beverly looks like she’s getting swallowed by our living room.

We’re planning on having a very Jewy Christmas: movies and eating out. Meanwhile, I have to finally grade my papers.
It’s also beautiful outside. If anybody has a baseball mitt and is up for Christmas catch, stop on by.
I guess Zora being home means I’ll miss the lecture at the hospital by Dr. Gabriel E. Gondolesi on Wednesday, December 28th. For anybody interested, it’s titled: “Evolution of Small Bowel Transplant—The Mount Sinai Experience.” 7–9am in the Hatch Auditorium, Guggenheim Pavilion. I wonder if light refreshments are provided?
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home